Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions and information may be updated as planning moves forward for the Spring show. Check back close to the festival weekend. Thank you!
Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28
Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark
Advance tickets go on sale in April.
Get info and link for purchasing Festival AND Corks & Chefs tickets here.
Rain or Shine. In case of festival cancellation, full refunds will be given for advance ticket purchases. We hope you’ll also consider making a donation to the non-profit festival! Your support will go a long way in helping sustain this beloved Birmingham event and spring arts tradition, which will be celebrating its 41st year the last full weekend in April.
- We recommend using Google Maps to make your way to Sloss Furnaces.
- Click here for turn by turn directions from local freeways.
SLOSS FIELD PARKING + GATE A:
- Parking will be available at the Sloss Furnaces complex, which can be accessed at the intersection of 32nd Street and 2nd Avenue North. Once parked, head to GATE A located under the 1st Ave N Viaduct. (TRAINS NOTE: Trains operate throughout the day along 1st Avenue South. If tracks are blocked, you can take the 35th Street Bridge, then left on 2nd Avenue North. Go through a stop sign. After 2nd stop sign, the Sloss Furnaces’ parking lot entrance will be straight ahead.)
STREET PARKING + GATE B
- Street parking is available. If you park outside of Sloss Complex fencing, you can enter at our new entrance @ GATE B (located across from Back Forty Brewery at Sloss’ South Road entrance off 32nd Street and adjacent to the Spray Pond.)
There will be 2 Gates in 2023:
- GATE A / Under Viaduct accessed from Sloss Field Parking
The main MCAC Gate is located under the First Avenue North Viaduct adjacent to the Sloss Field Grassy Parking Lot. Visitors will pass through the tent before entering the fencing surrounding the main grounds at Sloss. Please consult Venue Map, if you need clarification.
GATE B /32nd Street North just past railroad tracks
- The 2nd MCAC Gate is located on 32nd Street across from Back Forty Brewery at Sloss Furnace’s South Road Entrance, which is south-adjacent to the Spay Pond and 1st Ave railroad tracks. NOTE: This gate will be open for visitors who will be parking outside of Sloss Complex.
To catch a ride from the west end to the east end of Sloss, or vice versa, a shuttle service will be available Saturday, April 27 and Sunday, April 28 during festival hours. Hop aboard the shuttle at these locations:
- Located under the First Avenue North viaduct adjacent to the Sloss Field parking lot.
- The Cafe is located at the northwest end of Sloss Furnaces’ Visitor Center parking lot.
2 Gates for MCAC Visitors Saturday and Sunday.
Best Gate for Handicapped and Drop Offs: Saturday – Sunday
GATE B – located across from Back Forty off 32nd Street – South Road entrance to Sloss Furnaces adjacent to the Spray Pond
Central Gate for all Visitors with onsite parking! Friday- Saturday – Sunday
1) GATE A located adjacent to Sloss Field Grassy Parking lot, Attendant directed. NOTE: No access to pull down car under viaduct next to GATE A tent.
Ticket Holders will be able to enter and exit at their leisure with festival armbands.
a. your creative spirit
b. credit card, cash
d. umbrella for sun protection or any intermittent spring shower
e. face mask, if desired
Yes. Artists and Exhibitors are responsible for processing their own sales. Most all have credit card processing capability.
Yes, a selection of food trucks and other concessions are being planned for the weekend and will be located at the Visitor Center on the west end of Sloss. If you’re ready to eat upon arrival, you can catch the NEW Shuttle Service adjacent to GATE A under the viaduct. It will be running all day connecting the E x W ends of Sloss. Or walk the show to the Cafe. There will be other food & drink moments as you make your way around the Sloss site. The festival will be providing various coca cola products and water for sale at 3 lounge / dining locations.
Not allowed due to vendor concessions on site.
Yes, under the Main Casting Shed at Sloss. It’s our 27th year April 27 & 28. One tasting session each day from 12-3pm. Tickets go on sale in April. For more Corks & Chefs information and purchase tickets, click here.
Imagination Festival will be offering art projects for children and general public on Saturday & Sunday only.
NOTE: Schools & students will be visiting the festival on Friday for an amazing art trip!
In 2023, Imagination Festival was located directly inside of GATE A, which is accessed from Sloss’ grassy lot parking. Once you enter the gate, it’s straight ahead.
Collectors Classroom was back in 2023, offering adults the opportunity make art at Magic City Art Connection. Birmingham artists and instructors presented a series of 2 hour educational art classes in a variety of mediums at the Festival.
Click here to see the class lineup and sign up! Limited seats available in each class.
Yes, on leash. Note: pets are not allowed in Corks & Chefs.