Art Bash 2014
Magic City Art Connection invites you to blast off to the future for Art Bash 2014!
February 22, 2014
in another cool Birmingham space!
3009 3rd Avenue South, formerly NorDys Gallery
(located directly across the street from Frontera, and just before reaching the Martin Biscuit complex on right)
Special thanks to Barber Companies, Inc. for hosting Art Bash 2014!
About Art Bash
Art Bash is a one-of-a-kind experience. It’s super fun, totally fresh, and it helps build excitement and support for the free contemporary art festival happening April 25-27 in Linn Park. Art Bash is never in the same place twice, making each year a fun, new discovery for everyone in attendance. Come see how “another cool Birmingham space” will be transformed Art Bash-style. This year’s party promises to be out of this galaxy. Blast off with us to the future!
*** All tickets include food & drink and party activities.***
$100 Single Lottery
Ticket includes one (1) work of art
art selection chosen by patron through fun lottery game
$150 Couples Lottery
Ticket includes one (1) work of art.
art selection chosen by patron through fun lottery game
$50 Space Walker
Space Walker ticketholders can bid on art in the auction.
Online Tickets are closed. Please purchase at the door today. Thank you!
The Art Salon
Feel the excitement build as the Art Lottery game unfolds! Special thanks to the exhibiting artists who have graciously donated artwork for the fundraiser’s art salon.
- Lottery tickets include a work of art. The Lottery ends at 8:30pm.
- Space Walker tickets can bid on art in the auction. The Silent Auction will end at about 9:15pm.
- PLEASE NOTE: Lottery ticketholders can trump all Space Walker ticketholder’s bids in the art auction until 8:30pm, at which time the Lottery game will be closed.
- Special Thanks to the following exhibiting artists who donated to the 2014 Art Salon: Lisa Arkus, Anthony Arkus, Melanie Blackerby, Wellon Bridgers, Dan Bynum, Cole Candiss, Carol Carmichael, Candiss Cole, Melanie Colvin, Beth Conklin, Rhonda Corley, Sharon Davis, Chris Davis, Vicki Denaburg, Vadim Dmitriev, Joe Dumas, Joanne Fogle, Sara Glassman, Nelson Grice, Joni Gruber, Kara Cassidy Hall, Jeff Wells & Pam Hamby, Dennis Heckler, Kevin Irwin, Bailey Jack, James Knowles, Melanie Leonard, Katherine Linn, Joel Lockridge, Logan Louis, Louis & Christine Colombarini , Margaret Luttrell, Becky Makla, Karly Martin, Ann Mazzanovich, Linda McCarrey, Jane McGinnis-Glynn, Joe Frank McKee, Big Fat Monster, Chad Moore, Thom Nix, Barbara Odil, Butch Oglesby, Scott Olson, Mariella Owens, Toni Palmer, Charles Pinckney, Michelle Prahler, Marjorie Rawson, Chiharu Roach, Jenni Robinson, Linda Sasse, Katie Sasser, Jonah Schaffer, Julie Schwarz, Willow Scott, Jeff Seemayer, Elizabeth Seidel, Jill Sharp, SusanShoemaker, Craig Skowronek, Steve Smith, Sharon Spillar, Laura Stacy, Walt Sticklin, Kristin Thorsen, Gyl Turner, Christy Turnipseed, Marianne Van der har, Sherri Van Pelt, Vero Vanblaere, Bokas Victor Bokas, Marc Villanueva, Steven Ward, Jim Weaver, Mary Wier, Paul Wilm, Kate Wilson, Maralyn Wilson, Ashley Wingo
Omni Studio Guest Portraits >>> Liesa Cole & Tony Rodio
Scroll to bottom for a look at some of the great images captured by Liesa and Tony at past Art Bash fundraisers.
Be Liesa and Tony’s Art Bash muse! Over the last 7 years, Art Bash’s partnership with this award winning photography duo has created a series of out-of-this-world guest portraits. They are highly coveted each year and one-of-a-kind.
Alex Kunzman, Magic City Art Connection
by Christophe Nicolet
Music & Projection Installation
by Katie & John Gaiser, a Married Couple
Hors d’ oeuvres and delicious bites
by Corks & Chefs participating restaurants, among others.
Wine & Beer + Signature Cocktail by Clair McClafferty of Octane
Special thanks to Trim Tab Brewery and Clair McClafferty of Octane!
Attire – What would you wear to an Intergalatic party of the future?
- Fashions of the future!
- PLEASE NOTE: Dressing up for Art Bash’s theme is optional. We will have a handful of futuristic accessories for your use during your Omni Studio portrait session.
- Consult your favorite sci-fi series of movie for ideas – The Hunger Games, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, 2001 Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, The Matrix, Star Wars, Tron, Alien, Gattica, Flash Gordon, Lost in Space, The Jetsons…
- Google “intergalactic costumes”
- Keywords for inspiration: modern, sleek, minimal, sculptural, angular, luminescent, metallic, synthetic
- There is no wrong way to participate. Diversity of attire is encouraged. Surprise us!
- Pictured: Socialties from the 1920’s and Daft Punk’s new album
- A coat check area will be available for guests.
- There is central heat in this great Birmingham space, which (by the way) is also available for lease through Barber Companies, Inc.
3rd Avenue South is a one way heading west. There is parking on perpendicular streets (30th & 31st) and several medium sized parking lots close by including the Martin Biscuit bldg/complex and its surrounding streets. There is one lot located one building west of/before reaching the 3009 3rd Avenue South addess on left. This lot stretches from 3rd to 4th Avenue South. Frontera parking lot should be available to use directly across the street.
Proceeds from Art Bash support art educational programming free for 1500 Birmingham city schools’ 4th graders attending Magic City Art Connection’s (MCAC) Imagination Festival Friday program of interactive workshops and art experiences, plus thousands more children over the 3 day contemporary art festival. Thanks for your support!
Sponsors & Partners
Barber Companies, Inc.
Joe Piper, Inc.
Katie & John Gaiser, A Married Couple
Enjoy these past guest portraits by Liesa Cole & Tony Rodio of Omni Studio. This year’s promise to be out of this galaxy!
2213 1st Avenue South – Currently Birmingham Legion FC, Former Kathy Harris Interiors
Midnight in Paris
1914 Third Avenue North – Burger Phillips Bldg – Currently Botanica, Formerly Burger Phillips Department Store
2924 3rd Ave South – Currently Hop City, Formerly Nelson-Brantley Glass
Gaga for Art Bash
2400 7th Avenue South – Currently Dread River Distilling, Formerly Peck & Hills Antiques
Pistons & Pinups
115 South 35th Street – formerly Old Car Heaven
corner of 12th Street & 1st Avenue North – Tillman Levenson building
Sake to Me
corner of 3rd Avenue South & 22nd Street – Former Tom Williams BMW Showroom